Tuesday, November 16, 2010

E-wallpaper in the making

As mentioned in the previous post, I've decided to use Halloween festival as my theme for the e-wallpaper. So in this post, I will explain how my e-wallpaper is done.

First, I create a new file and set it into 297x210mm (A4) 

Then, I paste the background of my choice, an image I found from Google onto the workspace and resize it to fit the space. The layer is then renamed as 'Halloween town'.

Next, go to Image>Adjustment>Photo Filter and choose Cooling Filter (82) and set the density to 100%

Create a new layer by hitting Ctrl+Shift+N and rename it as black layer. With the background set as black, press Ctrl+Del to fill the layer with black.

Then I used the Eraser tool by changing to soft brush and the opacity to 40%, I erased the middle part so the halloween town layer is visible.

Next, I open another image, the pumpkin knight and crop it out with Quick Selection tool. I changed the feather to 10 to get a smoother edge after cropping. Cut the selected image by pressing Ctrl+X

The image is then pasted on a new layer above the black layer. By hitting Ctrl+T, the image will enter free transform mode and can be resized and positioned at will. I place the image on the right side of the wallpaper.

After that, I used the brush tool to cover up the bottom part of the pumpkin knight image. By using a soft brush and reducing the opacity as going closer to the image, I covered up the bottom part.

The image of the crawling skull is now placed on the new layer. The layer is then renamed as 'Skull'..

Next, I set the master opacity of the skull to 50%. Then I used the eraser tool with the opacity of 54% to clear unwanted parts of the image so that it can blend into the background.

By hitting P I used the Pen tool to create a path for my text.

The text is then inserted by using the Text Tool. The word Happy Halloween is in the 'Bleeding Cowboys' font and the style is set to basic drop shadow.

Lastly is the date of the Halloween day. I created another path by using the Pen Tool and added the date with the Text Tool and changed the style to negative(image). And the e-wallpaper is now DONE!


No comments:

Post a Comment